Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Helm's Deep has arrived.. or, well, almost.

Today, Helm's Deep arrives. I find myself anxiously sitting at my computer biting my nails while I should be sleeping. After being thoroughly upset after beta testing the Big Battels, I shouldn't be this excited; although, it's not pure excitement... anxiety, anticipation of change? I hate the looming feeling. I just want it to be done already. Waiting patiently is not my forte - I just feel antsy. Currently, my launcher is patching while the servers are down, and I sit here twiddling my thumbs trying to think of ways to pass the time.

I tried reading a book. I finished reading The Bedford Boys by Alex Kershaw. It tells the story of a little town in Virginia that happened to have the highest per capita loss of life on D-Day. It tells the story of the 22 men that died fighting on that day. If you're ever in central Virginia, it is worth stopping to visit the National D-Day Memorial. It is a somber experience. In a quiet, little town is this memorial to the men from the United States, England, and several other countries around the globe that fought and died on that day. However, with my book done, I'm once again back to square one trying to think of things to do.

Candy Crush?
No.

Hulu?
No, the episode of the show I want to watch is Hulu Plus.
Damn you, Hulu!

Read the news?
Already done that 3 times...

Celebrity gossip?
You know I'm getting desperate for things to do when I'm reading about how Kelly Clarkson is having a baby and how Adam Levine was just named Sexiest Man Alive. I suppose he's good looking, but I think there are better.. I digress.

Come on LOTRO! It's only been 2 hours of downtime, and I'm struggling. Come back!

I don't think I'll mind the minstrel class changes TOO much from what I saw in beta.. Yeah, it is dumbed down a bit, but I think that the class remains a potent healer. I think the minstrel is one of the few classes that is going to come away slightly less changed than others. Some classes have been completely altered in how they function - their roles will be completely different. I just hope minstrel doesn't become too easy. In beta, there were no tales and significantly less anthems (you get more if you trait yellow, but I've never traited yellow before... ever). Honestly, minstrel is the only class I care about. Yeah, I have a L85 hunter, but I haven't played it since I hit 85.. which is a waste of the two first age weapons I gave it.. *shrug* oh well.. I'm lucky. I had 4 first age symbols drop for me in raids... and guess what! They weren't farmed. Yes, there was one day that I did 30 BFE T1's in one day (mind you, we were completing them in about 3 minutes each). That day helped me get several of the barter gems, but no first age symbols. I got my symbols from the non-farmed BfE T1 (before they nerfed), BfE T2C server first, and a couple from Flights T2.. I also never farmed Sambrog.. I've done it like 5 times.. and got my gold pocket the first time I ran it... and my second time... Never doubt the power of the magical horse shoe! It works!

Best item ever.

Hands down.


Yes, I have problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment